Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My first time....

VOTING

Last night i remember getting off the phone with my friends... setting my Alarm clock for 5:15 and getting in bed...Fast Forward to 5:15 A.M this morning and the clock goes off. My dad also calls to make sure i get up and go early. I am debating on whether or not I should go to McDonald's because i don't know whether or not there will be any tom foolery in which i will be waiting for an extended period of time. I decided against going and opted to grab a Special K bar and a Slimfast bar...and my ipod along with my sidekick and my other phone. By 5:37 I'm in the car. The polling location is literally 5 minutes away. It was raining outside and it was quite nasty. Thank Goodness for hoodies or else I would have been pissed. Anyways I get to my polling location and it is packed, people are creating parking spaces, because we have run out of spaces. So now I'm standing in the rain... with my hoodie, but I'm voting and I will not be moved. There was this sweet old woman who sheilded me from the rain, I said Thank You, but this made my experience even more pleasant. I expected a lot of chaos and craziness, but I baracked the vote, and from my vantage i could see others were doing the same. I am a proud voter! I voted, Thank You Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr., Medgar Evers, Sojorner Truth, Harriet Tubman, W.E.B Dubouis, Fredrick Douglas, Booker T. Washington, Malcolm X, and all the other pioneers who helped in the process of equality. Thank You!!! I am forever indebted to you!

*** More Blogging to come through the evening!

No comments: