Monday, January 19, 2009

I Love It When You Call Me Big Poppa!


I originally intended to write about " My bloody Valentine", but as it was sold out. I decided to see Notorious. I was curious. I mean we have all grown up listening to Biggie. We have heard the stories, we didn't really truly get to know the man in life. So the only thing left was to know him in death.

The movie simply put is good. How accurate? Not so sure. If you want to be gullible and believe everything you see and here than you will love Biggie without taking that into consideration. Now I like Biggie, and I am a fan, but he isn't as innocent as this movie possibly portrays him as. Yeah he did sell drugs, yes he did have faith and Lil Kim, but we are only given a sneak peak of the beef with Tupac. To be completely honest While both men are very influential in Hip Hop even after death, we know that without the whole East Coast/West Coast Rivalry neither man would have the type of celebrity that they both have attained. It is almost as if in death they gained more fame than they actually had in life.The movie never goes into who shot biggie. The movie never really goes into Lil Kim's real relationship with him( Blog later)

Verdict: The Movie is good.However I just advise that you come in with an open mind and leave doing research of your own. This did make me like Biggie's music more. I did walk away with a better sense of who Biggie was!

No comments: